Not everybody is a Martha Stewart mastermind when it comes to creativity, decorating and all things crafts. But just because you don’t have extreme crafting skills doesn’t mean that you can’t have Halloween or fall decorations on your front porch.
That’s right, just because you live in Chico or Redding apartments doesn’t mean that you can’t have some fun decorating and getting into the spirit of the season.
Scary Approach (Booooooo!)
Want a few out of the box ideas to decorate your porch that aren’t jack-o-lanterns or fake spider webs? Here are a few to get you started:
- Hang cheese cloth on your porch. Gives a creepy look with easy clean up.
- Use frosted contact paper to give the illusion of broken glass for your windows near your porch.
- Turn your porch into the local Crow Society's hangout by adding crows and skeletons!
- Put a mask in a jar full of water. Add a glow stick and this will look like a head in the dark!
- Cut out bats or ghosts from black construction paper and use fishing line to hang them.
- Have bats take over your front door in a swarm!
- Make your own Harry Potter floating candles.
Want a few more spooky ideas that are great for Chico and Redding apartments? Then check out this blog that has 42 cheap and last minute ideas that you will sure to love.
If fake spider webs and plastic skulls aren’t your thing, then try to focus on decorating for the fall season. It can be a lot of fun! Here are a few ways to get your front porch ready for fall.
Here's a list of items you'll need:
Small decorative pumpkins, leaves, fake flowers (red, orange, brown, or yellow), a rustic bucket, a large lantern, fake corn, a fall wreath and anything else you think will look good on your porch. Just remember not to go overboard! Nobody likes a cluttered porch.
- Take your lantern and fill it with the small decorative pumpkins.
- Take your fake flowers, make an arrangement and use the bucket instead of a vase.
- Place these complete items around your porch.
- Hang the fall wreath on your front door.
Want to be extremely simple, but still a little festive? Visit your local hardware or craft store and pick out your favorite fall door mate. If you can add a little more, then purchase an already put together weather and attach it to your door with a Command Strip!
See? It can be easy to decorate front porches of Chico apartments. Click here to get more simple ideas to decorate for fall.
Make sure that whichever project or craft that you decide to incorporate on your porch, doesn’t damage your apartment. Try to avoid crafts that can stain, rip, or break your porch. Remember that you are liable for the condition of your apartment.
Like this blog and want to read more blogs like this? Then scroll up and subscribe to our blog! We post new content weekly which means that you'll have a continuous flow of knowledge and information on rental living, local events and so much more.
Did you know that there are 13 things everyone should do when they move into a new place? The majority only complete 5 or 6 and move on living life, but to be fully moved in you need to complete all 13! Whether you just moved in or you've been there year, make sure that you are fully moved in by downloading 13 Things To-Do Immediately After Move-In.