When you're living in Chico, you're lucky to have the opportunity to experience the wonderful culture that our town has to offer. Springtime is here and we're ready to start spending time outside in Downtown Chico.
Downtown Chico is a great place to take your family on a gorgeous sunny day. But what is there to do beyond going shopping at the locally owned businesses? Guess what? The Thursday Night Market is back in town and ready to give you entertainment, good food and great company!
There are so many fun things to do for the whole family that you'll want to go every week. Below is a blurb about the popular market that is found on the Downtown Chico Business Association website.
Every Thursday. April ~ September. 6 p.m. ~ 9 p.m.
Explore Downtown Chico's Thursday Night Market on Broadway between 2nd and 5th Street, including side streets and the fabulous City Plaza! This festive, weekly market is a ton of fun and features a bounty of farm-fresh produce from CDFA certified farmers, mouth-watering prepared foods from food trucks and booths, handmade local arts and crafts, and live entertainment for all ages.
- Streets are lined with more than 100 popular vendors
- Local talent showcased each week from magicians to belly dancers and classic rock to bluegrass
- Authentic crafts, artwork and handmade clothing and jewelry
- Fun for kids with balloon-artist clowns, face painters, inflatables, and other hands-on activities
- Personal services, community based organizations, and not for profits
- Ride your bike and use the FREE Bike Valet parking service provided by Chico Velo Cycling Club
- This event is rain or shine!
To learn more about this beloved event click here.
Check it out this Thursday night - you'll be glad that you did! If you're interested in learning more about local events, restaurants and more things to do in Chico, Redding and the North Valley, click below.